Saturday 8 September 2007

VD Is For Everybody



I was kind of hoping to save this one for another time, but I've had a bad week and I'm going to post it anyway just to cheer myself up, because this one has to be seen to be believed. All together now:

"VD is for everybody, not just for a few!
Anyone can share VD with someone nice as you!
VD is for everybody! Darling, have no doubt
That anyone can get VD, that's what it's all about!"

I'm not really any clearer about what VD supposedly is after watching this PSA, but it doesn't half sound attractive. Hey, where can I get some VD?

Also, the girl putting the lipstick on looks like a dark - haired version of one of my friends, which creeps me out. So do some of the others featured in the clip. I really hope that scary librarian lady hasn't been up to anything that you might catch it from. Or the horse, but let's not even go there.

Seriously, you people back in the '70s should have thought yourselves lucky that AIDS wasn't about yet. In just a decade's time, we found out that you could catch far worse things than this mysterious "VD", with consequences much more horrifying than having to sit in the doctor's waiting room with a paper bag over your head. If I find "Don't Die of Ignorance" or any of the Aussie "Grim Reaper" campaign films, I'll post them here.

No comments: