Thursday 13 September 2007

Hatred of Foreigners Has Many Faces



The style of the subtitles on this clip tells me it was taken off of Tarrant on TV, so it's probably from the last decade. If you know what year it was first shown in, please let me know.

OK, this one is just plain confusing. Is the woman supposed to be ranting at you or him? It creeps me out how she's oh - so - chatty at the start but it's probably her who ran over and lynched that poor bloke. I wonder why anyone would agree to film something as daft as this. Perhaps she thought it was an awareness campaign about PMT? That, or she's been at the actor's dole queue for a very long time.

I won't even go into the issue of all this effing and blinding being broadcast during daytime viewing hours. Every Norwegian I've ever known had a mouth that would put the Osbournes to shame. Or am I being unfair to foreigners like the ad tells you not to? At least if I go to Norway, I now know some lovely words like "scum", "parasite" and "immigrant" to communicate with my new friends in their own language.

No comments: